ROCK THE BODY: Week Five

ROCK THE BODY: Week Five

Rate This
  • Comments 1

We're already into our last week of ROCK THE BODY — my, how time flies!

Our final challenge involves encouraging your pastor or other church leader/shepherd. Basically, we want you to get on his radar and show that you're for him, not against him. Make sure you've read this week's article, "Your Pastor Needs YOU!", for inspiration. Dave Kraft reminds us what pastors are up against and how we have the power to be radically different than the average churchgoer:

"Lots of people will criticize and find fault. They will both email him and talk to him (and about him) in discouraging ways. You can be one of those who look for ways, and reasons, to encourage him — to camp on the positive, not the negative."

My dad was a pastor when I was small, and I've only heard secondhand some of the criticisms he received while in the ministry. They're appalling. He received jabs about everything from his preaching to his age to the way he typed the bulletin.

Young adults are, I think, naturally positive and optimistic people. You root for folks. You care. Imagine the impact we can have in our churches if we refuse to malign those whom God has appointed for our spiritual care. I'm reminded of Hebrews 13:17:

"Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you" (ESV).

Those are strong words carrying great responsibility, both for our pastors and for us. In light of this, why in the world would we 1) work against those who have to give an account for us, or 2) do something that's clearly, as stated above, not even in our best interest?

This week, we'd like you to tweet and/or post on Facebook a sermon or sermon quote from your pastor. Choose something that hits you in this week's sermon or something that you've been mulling over for a few weeks. You may even want to give your pastor a special shout of thanks in the process. Be sure to use #rockthebody2013 and @BoundlessTeam so we can see what you all are posting!

Don't forget, if you haven't submitted your tasks for the previous weeks, there's still time to do so. 

Social Media

Share this

You must be logged in to comment.

Sign In or Join now.

• --Wow, young single pastor (by his lack of ring) manages to forget an attractive, single lady's name 3 times?    No wonder he's still single.

24/7 Footer Ad