2013's Most Popular Boundless Articles

2013's Most Popular Boundless Articles

Rate This
  • Comments 4

Selecting topics and authors for new Boundless articles is one of my favorite parts of my job as editor. To find a great idea plus a quality writer to communicate the subject is only the start. The real reward comes when I can see what most resonates with our readers through comments on Facebook, number of pageviews, emails we receive and the like. Your feedback matters greatly!

Here are our five most popular articles from 2013 as well as a little background info on each of them:   

5. "Sanctification in the Season of Singleness" by Carolyn McCulley

Sometime ago, a friend shared with me the audio link of Carolyn McCulley's seminar called "Singleness" from the Desiring God 2012 National Conference. I knew right away we needed to share its message on Boundless and asked Carolyn to write on the topic. This article offers encouragement that marriage is one way God matures us, but it's not the only way.

4. "Why It Is Not Good to Be Alone" by Owen Strachan

In this age of Facebook, church small groups, demanding careers, texting and more, I sometimes wonder if singles, particularly men, lack motivation to actively pursue marriage. That's what helped prompt this article about what a young man misses out on if he stays "alone" even though his body and heart pull him toward marriage.

3. "How Purity Can Become a Problem" by Suzanne Hadley Gosselin

At Boundless, we receive emails from our readers that cover the entire spectrum of sexual experience and inexperience. From offering advice to an unwed pregnant woman to this article that outlines four ways purity can become a problem, we work hard to provide content for a variety of situations. For more, see the Sexuality page of our site.

2. "Why Have Babies?" by Candice Watters

One of our missions at Boundless is to not only help young adults date well and grow in maturity, but to also grasp a biblical worldview of marriage and family. You may think your reasons for having babies are biblical, but in this article, Candice warns that we may have absorbed a lot more culture and a lot less Bible than we realize.

1. "How to Win a Woman's Heart" by Joshua Rogers

You can't get any more practical than the advice Joshua Rogers offers men in this article. When I first read it, I found myself saying "yes," "exactly," "spot on" several times. It's just plain good! And because of its popularity, we're planning to publish its counterpart "How to Win a Man's Heart" by Shaunti Feldhahn in February 2014. Stay tuned!

What topic do you hope to read more about in 2014 on Boundless? Do you have a favorite Boundless author you hope to hear from?

Social Media

Share this

You must be logged in to comment.

Sign In or Join now.

• --Those are a good bunch of articles.

#5: I strongly believe that marriage is for the mature. A man and a woman should be serious about each other, because the plan is that they stick together as long as both are living, as God intended.

#4: I can identify with the gamer man. I think that I may be a little too comfortable being single. Plus, so many forces seem to be pulling me in the direction of marriage, and fighting them off is getting harder.

#3: As an asexual, I often struggle with making my virginity an idol. I often try to see things from the average man's point of view, because lust is practically a foreign concept to me.

#2: Being poor, I often ask this question. Although I have a good chance of finding full-time employment through which I can use my college skills, maybe this will change.

#1: I am still a bit confused by this, but it is still a good article.

• --I still think Boundless should run an article or two on spiritual abuse, especially after that catastrophe at Sovereign Grace Ministries, and The Gospel Coalition's somewhat flippant response to it. How about an interview with Boz’ Tchividjian, Billy Graham,s grandson?

• --It's a little bit frustrating that #5 promises sanctification (maturity, for the purposes of the articles) is possible for singles, while #4 tells the reader within the first couple of paragraphs that sanctification is the biggest thing on which one misses out being single.  

Both are very good articles with excellent take-aways. However, I can't help but find this issue confusing. Am I doomed to a life of spiritual immaturity as a single or not?  Honestly (and perhaps selfishly, as well), I prefer the notion presented in #5... making peace with aloneness seems easier when sanctification (or lack thereof) isn't attached as a natural corollary.

• --MapsG, article #4 doesn't completely contradict #5 and say marriage is the only way to maturity. Rather, "It is also true that one of the most — though not the only — profitable catalysts for our sanctification is marriage." One could debate whether marriage is "the most profitable catalyst." Maybe that could be another article for another day!

Catherine, I've kicked around that idea but have had difficulty finding someone to write about the topic. So thanks for the reminder, and I'll keep working on it.

24/7 Footer Ad