Boundless

• Best Coffee: McDonald's

Consumer Reports has determined that McDonald's black coffee -- the least expensive of the four brands of coffee tested -- is better than Starbucks. An article at The Eagle-Tribute gives all the details. I wonder when we'll start seeing...
  • Single By Circumstance

We get an occasional letter or two from our readers questioning Boundless's view of singleness. I responded to someone recently who was in a "rage" about it. Some of them -- mainly women -- are frustrated with our perceived "singleness...
  • Screwtape Coming to Big Screen

Luther at the Movies reports that The Screwtape Letters is going to be made into a movie. First it was The Chronicles of Narnia. Now The Screwtape Letters —C.S. Lewis' often-imitated but never equalled epistolary masterpiece—is coming to a theater...
  • How 'bout Them ... Christian Coaches?

If you tuned in to some of the pre-game coverage, stuck around for the trophy presentation or caught the full-page ad in USA Today this weekend (and followed this link ), you probably saw that Tony Dungy, coach of the Super Bowl winning Colts is a Christian...
  • Global Warming ... on Mars

Turns out there's something to this global warming thing. NASA is reporting that there's been some notable climate change taking place on Mars: [F]or three Mars summers in a row, deposits of frozen carbon dioxide near Mars' south pole have...
  • Freedoms Not the Only Factor in Abortion

The title of Motte's post, "America Loves Abortion the Most," may be misleading. While the freedoms America gives women to abort is deplorable, the abortion situation is much worse in other countries. Before I traveled to Russia with Children's...
  • America Loves Abortion the Most

I found this color-coded map of Europe with corresponding descriptions of abortion rules on Justin Taylor's blog yesterday and all I can say is ... Congratulations fellow Americans! No other country in Europe can boast of the freedoms we give...
  • Violent, Anti-American Vandals Who Spit on Veterans

Washington Post columnists William Arkin lit a firestorm this week with an online piece criticizing American soldiers for speaking out against people who say they support the troops but not the war. It was in response to last Friday's NBC Nightly...
  • Bring Back John 3:16

The Super Bowl used to be about watching the two best football teams in the nation and eating a lot of chicken wings while doing so. But for the past few years, it seems as though the attention has shifted to watching racy commercials and experiencing...
  • Fighting for Family

I know we talk about getting married a lot around here — but there's a good reason. The Christian Science Monitor addressed statistics (this may be the same questionable batch used by the Times ) that say almost half of American women today are unmarried...
  • Age Differences

When does a difference in age between a man and a woman considering marriage becomes "too much"?
  • Babies, Vision and the Single Guy

As the only single Boundless writer to attend the aforementioned mixer, I have to agree with Candice that the event was very well-executed and just an all-around good time. There was one guy in particular who caught the attention of more than one lady...
  • Motivating Men

Since becoming editor of Boundless in 2005, I've made it a priority to publish winsomely-written articles that encourage intentional living. Let me address our male readers at this point. Being a man, and being the happy recipient of some...
  • For Guys Only

Like Candice and Steve , my wife and I were table hosts at the local singles mixer Saturday night. We too were energized to be with such quality Christian young men and women who were willing to try something new in order to meet, mingle and marry. And...
  • Colson Disappointed with "Children of Men" Movie

Chuck Colson explains in a recent BreakPoint commentary that he was disappointed with the movie "Children of Men" (that we've mentioned in our blog before). He says his appreciation for the book by P.D. James led him to look forward to the...
  • Mixer a Class Act

Saturday night's Mix. Mingle. Marry. event was a class act. Steve and I talked about it all the way home, when we got home and into the next day. There was just so much about it to recommend. Everything was well-planned and thought out -- seamless...
  • 93-Year-Old Blogger Contemplates Death

I was touched by what 93-year-old blogger Donald Crowdis had to say about his own mortality. He writes: I've floated on the remark "Been there, done that" for some time now, but the notion that the moment is approaching when I can no longer...
  • On Sports, Marriage and Family

There was a surreal moment during my Sunday school class last week when the subject of football came up. The discussion was on how leisure time works in marriage. And since there's nothing more leisurely for a man (meaning me) than watching football...
  • Adopting Peter's Mindset

Ted's last post about the $100 experiment reminded me of a conversation I had with my Bible study group this past Wednesday. First of all, some background info from Acts 3:1-10. In this story, Peter and John are headed to the temple to pray....
  • Remember the Sabbath

When Lynne Baab and her husband lived in Israel, they kept the Sabbath. In her blog "God's Gift of Rest" she recounts the rewards of such a discipline. Our Sabbaths in Israel became God's gift to us individually, and enriched our life...
  • The $100 Experiment

The Point , inspired by The Suburban Christian is challenging its readers to consider setting aside $100 "and come up with a way to use it creatively and productively for the Kingdom." Sounds like an intriguing challenge. Their initial...
  • Dr. Mohler's Lessons

I'm a bit doctor-phobic. If a naturopath were covered by our health insurance, that would be my first choice. But Dr. Albert Mohler's "Lessons Learned in a Crisis of Life" was a needed reminder of how blessed we are to live in the day...
  • Contentious Blogging

I can be good with words. Sometimes I can use them to encourage, or to bring levity to a situation, or to explain in simple terms a difficult concept, or to comfort, or to paint a picture. And sometimes I can use them to ridicule, tear down, diminish...
  • Grief and Myspace

This week, I read in my local newspaper that 21-year-old Pfc. Allen B. "Fuzzy" Jaynes, a member of Fort Carson's 2nd Brigade, had been killed in combat in Iraq. I didn't know Jaynes, but what stood out to me was how the article's...
  • 5 Paths to the Love of Your Life

I am currently reading a book called 5 Paths To The Love Of Your Life . It is a compilation in which five authors outline the dating/courtship path they think works best. The paths include the Counter-Cultural Approach, the Courtship Approach, the Principled...