What Do You Think of This Photo?

Daly Focus

Life is beautiful and imperfect, a source of wonder and a challenge so complex that it’s good to pause from time to time and check our perspective and priorities against eternal truth. ReFocus, promises to help you navigate today’s culture.

What Do You Think of This Photo?

Rate This
This past weekend, Tim Goeglein, one of my colleagues at Focus, visited New York City’s Ground Zero Memorial. GroundZero.JPG

There, at the southern tip of Manhattan, the names of all the twin tower victims are etched into the walls of one of the two waterfall cascades that commemorate where the two towers stood, and fell.

All the victims are memorialized…including the unborn child of a woman named Vanessa Lang Langer. 

The child was known to her family and God.

And now she is known to you.

What a remarkable and wonderful pro-life statement, in the middle of one the busiest cities in the world.

ALSO:  Confessions of a College Intern,  Should Officials Have Accepted This Answer?  and  Penn State Sin Makes Every Man a Suspect

Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus

Follow me on Facebook

Keep up with Focus on the Family on Facebook

Share this

You must be logged in to comment.

Sign In or Join now.

Comments
  • Comment by  findingmydream:

Beautiful

• Comment by  Heather:

That touched us deeply when we visited NYC this spring.

• Comment by  sharon:

make me choke up - what a profound statement

• Comment by  s rester:

Was thrilled to see it etched in stone for all to see.

• Comment by  Lisa:

That is amazing and so touching!  I pray that this one profound statement will help make an impact in not only legislation but in lives!

• Comment by  B. Rogers:

Magnificent!  How precious that little person meant so much and means so much still.  I pray God will continue to use this precious life to open the eyes and hearts of people everywhere.  His ways of reaching people are better than any we can brainstorm ourselves.  What terrorists meant for evil, God is using for good.

• Comment by  Cheryl:

I believe the tide is turning on this issue in America - I love it and thank God for it... the result of the prayers and work of many, many prolife advocates over decades.

• Comment by  BetsyTF:

Psalm 139:13-16: For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.

• Comment by  Donna:

I think this is wonderful!!

• Comment by  Ann:

If this can happen even in NYC, perhaps our national conscience still has a spark of life. We have to keep fighting until every unborn baby is recognized as a precious human life.

• Comment by  Patty:

Wow...very touching and very sad.

• Comment by  Debbie:

Can not be denied!!

• Comment by  Carmen:

Incredibly touching.

• Comment by  Diane:

Though some don't believe it, we are all children of God and should be recognized. This is awesome.

• Comment by  Steve:

Simply put the world considers it a life when it's wanted and loved.   Sad.